Sunday, February 14, 2010

Reunion Show

Last night, I played a reunion show with my old band, Three Track Mind. This was our first show in six or seven years, and it felt great to be on stage with two of my best friends again.

We opened for our immensely talented friends The Slackwater News at a packed Frazier's on the Avenue. (I sure feel like I've been living there, recently!) It's been a long time since I've performed for an audience, and even though I used to do it semi-professionally for years and years, I was startled to discover a whole mess of butterflies fluttering around inside my guts before we took the stage.

Once we kicked into the first few songs, I felt it all come back to me. It was like muscle memory, I suppose. Sure, it was a little rough around the edges, but not bad for only two practices. But now I've been bitten by the bug. I want to play again. I want to keep practicing the old songs, write new ones, and tighten up the set, if only to prove to myself that I can do it better, to prove that I can do it the way I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment